Monday, January 25, 2010

Quick Dinner

It is so easy to eat healthy with dinners like this. Just look at how beautiful the blood oranges are!


Today we made a quick dinner, courtesy of the most January 2010 issue of vegetarian times. We had thai inspired stir-fried tofu with quinoa and citrus salad. The citrus salad was delicious! I will definitely make this again. The salad was arugula with blood oranges and grapefruit segments, sliced shallots, and a dressing made of agave syrup (2 Tbs.), lime juice (2 Tbs.), soy sauce (1 Tbs.), red pepper flakes (1 tsp.), and the juice from the oranges and grapefruits. The recipe called for mint, but I didn't have that so I used some Vietnamese coriander that is growing on my counter. We were supposed to garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts, but I forgot. The stir-fried tofu was seasoned with a paste of soy sauce, miso, white pepper, cayenne, and cloves, garlic, and ginger. I thought it was very good. BB thought it was ok and put a lot of chile garlic sauce on it. But he does that with a lot of stuff. I am so glad there are leftovers for my lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment