Thursday, May 20, 2010

No pictures but good recipe!

Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding

old bread (I used 6 good sized rolls)
3 c. milk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 large bananas (could use 1 large or 2 small)
3 eggs
3/4 c. chocolate chips (I used the mini ones)
3 Tbs. butter

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut bread into cubes. Mash 1/2 banana in a bowl. Slice remaining bananas. Add eggs and whisk. Add brown sugar and milk, mix well. Stir in bread cubes, sliced banana, and chocolate chips. Mix well. Use ~ 1/2 Tbs. butter to grease a 9x9 square pan (I used an oval baking dish that is the same volume). Pour in the bread mixture. Melt the rest of the butter and drizzle over top of pudding (at this point, I would have sprinkled raw sugar over the top, but I didn't have any). Bake for 50 minutes.

BB said this was the best bread pudding EVER. It was pretty good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment