Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekends are for Eating!

I had a pretty good weekend, food wise. I started off my Saturday by baking Carrot-Pineapple Sunshine Muffins, from Veganomicon. Although my version wasn't vegan, since I used dairy yogurt instead of the soy yogurt called for in the recipes. They were so good! Filled with pineapple, carrots, and raisins with orange and vanilla flavoring. The only thing I might change in the future is to add walnuts.


Today for breakfast, I made a copy of something I had at La Provence Bakery and Restaurant in Portland with my sister and her fiancé. So delicious!

Meurette Benedict

1 onion, thinly slice
2 portobello mushrooms, cut in half then sliced thinly
Olive oil
1Tbsp tomato paste
1-2 cups red wine
2 eggs
2 crossoints

Sautee the onions in olive oil. When they are starting to caramelize, add the mushrooms. Sautee 5 min, then add the red wine. Let the red wine reduce. When it has reduced by half, divide the mushrooms and onions inhale, and make a well in each half. Crack and egg in each well, then cover trepan. Let cook until the eggs are done however you like them. Alternatively, you could poach them, but I don't really know how so this is what I did. Serve with the crossoints. I used the frozen ones from Trader Joe's and they were good.



No comments:

Post a Comment