Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baking Again

What do you do when you are feeling angsty for some unknown reason?
I bake. Today I made a sour cherry pie. I bought sour cherries at Trader Joe's. I made a lattice crust, although it looks very amateur. I also made pumpkin muffins. I was short an ingredient for the muffins, which I only realized after starting to make them. I then improvised this recipe. I plan on making them more when fall comes.
Pumpkin Muffins

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. oil or melted butter (I used oil)
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. golden raisins
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix flours, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Mix egg, pumpkin puree, oil, and maple syrup in a smaller bowl. Add to flour, along with raisins and pecans. Stir quickly, and divide among 12 oiled or lined muffin cups. Bake 15-20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment