Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garden 2010!

It was so nice this week, it was painful to be at work. Having a window is great, but having to see the 70 degree sunshine and not get to go out ... luckily this weekend is still gorgeous!

Due to the wonderful weather, I decided to go out gardening. There are some plants leftover from last year:

Bulbs (yellow daffodils, pink hyacinth, and black-red tulips)
Hydrangea
Parsley (survived the groundhog and 3 snowstorms with 2 ft each!)
Lemon Vebena (coming back, cleared the dead branches from last year)
Catmint (also coming back, haven't cleared yet, but you can still see it!)
Collard Greens and Mustard Greens (Hearty indeed!)
Today, I tidied up the yard and planted some seeds. Some are old, so I'm not sure if they will actually grow. But here is what I have:

Arugula, Beets, Spinach, Radishes, and Turnip Greens (left to right)
Lettuce (two kinds, in round pots) and Green Onions (in oval pot on right)
Publish Post
I had so much fun being outside! I hope the seeds sprout ... ok, it doesn't look like much yet, but pretty soon it will be lush and gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment