Sunday, July 14, 2013

Miso Butter Shrimp

I have not been cooking as much as I would like, as I mentioned on  my previous post.  But, Pinterest has been inspiring!  I see so many wonderful things that people are making, and I get a bit more inspired.  Today, I made a recipe that I found on Pinterest - Miso Butter Shrimp.  I love butter, and I love miso. Why wouldn't I try this recipe? It was super easy, and really good as well!  I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, so I will just recommend that you go to the original source.  In fact, I am planning on using this sauce for other stuff as well, maybe eggplant.  Along with the shrimp, we had rice sprinkled with scallions and sesame seeds.  I find that this is a really simple way to make rice taste special - just a little something extra.  As for the vegetables, we had greens beans, zucchini, and summer squash in the fridge from our CSA box.  I wanted a simple side, so I tried a method I had seen in Martha Stewart Living for Glazed Carrots.  Simply cook the vegetables in water and butter.  By the time the water is evaporated, the vegetables will be cooked and glazed with butter.  I don't think you even really need to use a lot of butter, as it definitely seems more decadent than it really is!  This is a great method when just a simple, but flavorful, vegetable side is desired.


Butter Glazed Summer Vegetables

Adapted from Martha Stewart Living Glazed Carrots, June 2013
Serves 4

1/4 lb green beans
1 zucchini
1 summer squash
2 Tbsp. Butter
1/2 cup water

Trim green beans.  Cut zucchini in half horizontally, then vertically.  Slice into green bean length sticks.  Add green beans, water, and butter to saute pan.  Heat over medium high heat.  When most of the water is gone and green beans have just turned bright green, add the squash.  Cook until there is no water left, and the vegetables have a nice sheen.  Season with salt and pepper, as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment