Sunday, August 19, 2012

Organized Pantry and The Best Hot Chocolate

I finally got around to cleaning my kitchen today, and I reorganized the pantry shelves. Seeing the orderly shelves makes me feel like all is right with the world, so I thought I would share some pictures:







I have also worked out a recipe for the most amazing hot chocolate ever! I like to eat simple plain toast along side. It is good dipped in the chocolate. This is a thick, rich, not too sweet hot chocolate. It is also really easy and I make it in the microwave.




Best Hot Chocolate

2/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 oz dark chocolate (use bittersweet, not semisweet)
Cinnamon

In a Pyrex measuring cup (1-2 cups volume) add the cocoa and sugar to the milk. The cocoa will sit on top. Microwave 30 seconds. Use a whisk to mix in the cocoa and sugar. I twirl it in both hands like I'm trying to start a fire. Heat in the microwave one minute. Watch it, as it will get foamy and may overflow. Whisk, then heat one more minute. Chop the dark chocolate, then add to the hot chocolate and whisk. You can heat another 30 seconds if the chocolate doesn't all melt. It should be thick and frothy at this point. Sprinkle cinnamon to taste, give it one last whisk, and pour into a pretty cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment