Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fancy Times!

Back from Chicago, and now Big Button is Dr. Button! To celebrate we spent some time in Chicago, and went to some old favorite places. It was a bit nostalgic. We ate a late breakfast at Earwax; Dr. Button had eggs benedict with salmon and spinach instead of canadian bacon and I had brioche french toast stuffed with pastry cream and topped with strawberries. They have vegetarian food like I wish places around Wilmington did. For dinner, we ate at Papajin. There was some sizzling rice soup (highly recommended), sushi, and then some sesame tofu. Again, a vegetarian friendly restaurant. Then, for dessert, we went a few doors down to I cream. They make ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, and pudding on the spot. There are many flavors to choose from. I got rice pudding with raisins and flavored with almonds.

We also went to the Art Institute. Whenever I go there, I always go to see my three favorite paintings

The Old Guitarist, Pablo Picasso



Bordighera, Claude Monet


Fisherman's Cottage, Harald Sohlberg


This visit, it took me awhile to find my favorites since they have opened the new modern art wing and rearranged a lot. The new wing is very nice indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment